Concept maps are diagrams that demonstrate the relationships between ideas. They help you organise your research and set goals for your assignment. Doing background reading will help you create your concept map.
To create a concept map:
- Start with your research topic
- Identify relevant subtopics (whom what, when, why and how?) and link these to your research topic
- Identify relationships between the subtopics
- Develop and focus your topics from general to specific
- Review your concept map regularly.
Watch this introductory video for tips on developing concept maps.